Petition to change a minor last name

Asked over 1 year ago - Granbury, TX

I am in the process of getting petition ready , the bio father is deceased . I did mark the area where it says no other legal relationship with child because other parent is dead . But , do I need to put my husband , thier stepfather on this document . Since , it is his last name they will be taking . I thought putting it in the field of why my children want thier name changed . To have same surname as mother and stepfather .

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

1

10

Answered . I would suggest just to be certain that you complete the entire package and leave any blanks you are unsure of and bring them to the court clerk, he or she will know definatively, because every court has their own process and if you ask nicely they will certainly help. take care.

2. Mysti Dawn Neal Murphy

Best Answer

Answered . If there have never been any court orders for visitation, conservatorship, or guardianship between your children and their stepfather, then they do not have a legal relationship. You can write in the reason is to have the same last name as mother and step father and you will also tell the judge this when you are proving up the final order.