Petition i-130 approved.what next

South Bend, IN |

my wife is a USC and am a Nigerian living in South Africa.my life petitioned to for me to come live in the US and just yesterday she got a message that she the petition has been approved.now i want to know what document would be needed from me so i can start getting them now.also what is the next next step when a case is approved.

1. It depends on what was submitted with the I-130. The NVC should give you guidance on what's next (ie: forms you need to submit if you haven't submitted them yet and the fees you need to pay). You should take a look at the Department of State's website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html

Best of luck!

2. NVC will inform her by mail.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. In two to three weeks, the NVC will contact your wife and have her file the fees for your visa processing and the affidavit of support. If you visit the State Department website regarding the National Visa Center Processing, you will see the process that will take place. You need to obtain a police certificate from every country you have lived in, so you may have to contact authorities in Nigeria as well as South Africa to receive those documents. You should start to work on that as it will take some time to receive the answers back on those inquiries.

Get an immigration lawyer involved in your case and they can assist you on these issues.

William Quirk, Esq. Meehan & Quirk, LLC 354 State Street, Hackensack, New Jersey (201)968-0800 http://www.meehanquirk.com The answers to questions provided by Mr. Quirk are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This information is for informational purposes only and does not form any relationship between the individual asking the question and the attorney. You should investigate and consider all possible outcomes with a skilled individual before making a final decision.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics