Petition i-130 approved.what next

Asked 11 months ago - South Bend, IN

my wife is a USC and am a Nigerian living in South Africa.my life petitioned to for me to come live in the US and just yesterday she got a message that she the petition has been approved.now i want to know what document would be needed from me so i can start getting them now.also what is the next next step when a case is approved.

1. Peter Min-Su Kyung

6

Answered . It depends on what was submitted with the I-130. The NVC should give you guidance on what's next (ie: forms you need to submit if you haven't submitted them yet and the fees you need to pay). You should take a look at the Department of State's website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html

Best of luck!

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . NVC will inform her by mail.

3. William J Quirk

Pro

3

Answered . In two to three weeks, the NVC will contact your wife and have her file the fees for your visa processing and the affidavit of support. If you visit the State Department website regarding the National Visa Center Processing, you will see the process that will take place. You need to obtain a police certificate from every country you have lived in, so you may have to contact authorities in Nigeria as well as South Africa to receive those documents. You should start to work on that as it will take some time to receive the answers back on those inquiries.

Get an immigration lawyer involved in your case and they can assist you on these issues.