Skip to main content

Petition for my 6 years old son

Brooklyn, NY |

My husband and I get married 16 months ago. My husband is USC and lives here almost 35 years. He has a nice job and stable income. I received my green card and then my husband applyed I-130 pettition for my 6 year old son who lives in my country. We received mail on June 28, that application was received and they would let him know about interview date, but we didn't heard anything. It's been more than 6 months. How long we should wait?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You should repost under immigration.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  2. Call 1-800 number listed on your receipt notice. The I-130 petitions have been approved quickly nowadays, as quickly as 2 months.
    If your son is at your home country, you should have asked for consular processing on your I-130 petition. If you have, then the approved petition will be forwarded to national visa center. You will have to pay fees and submit more documents.

  3. Generally in 6-8 months

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics