Petit Larceny with 90 days suspension and 1 year probation in Virginia.

Asked 12 months ago - Fairfax, VA

Hello,

I was caught for a shoplifting a few months ago and was put on a felony charge at that time. I hired a lawyer and did some 250 hours community service before my court date, which helped me bringing my case down to misdemeanor (Petit Larceny) with 90 days suspended jail time and 1 year probation. I want to know if there is anyway I could wipe this record off after a few year with no criminal violation in common wealth of Virginia?
How bad is it to have this remark on your record? Could it affect my future job prospects? Will I have to live with this record on me for the rest of my life? I have never broken any other law and will keep myself clean as well. Can I clean my record somehow?

Thank you for the response.

1. James Donald Garrett

2

Answered . There is no expungement in Virginia for a conviction.

Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

2. Kenneth William Jacobson

1

Answered . Under the circumstances, you are lucky that you are not a convicted felon. Thankfully your attorney was able to get this charge reduced. Unfortunately, unless the laws in Virginia are changed one day, your conviction is not going away.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now