Petit Larceny, will i go to jail?

Asked 10 months ago - Candor, NY

My two friends and I stole $405.38 dollars worth of merchandise from wal mart. We obviously got caught and the police gave us a court date. This is the absolute first thing on every single one of our records. Im wondering if we are going to jail? Or if i can still use my ACD? And how much will the fines be? Because im paying for everyones fine. Thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Jail is unlikely. What do you mean by use your ACD? You don't get it as of right. I suggest you hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

2. Ronald Steven Nir

Pro

Answered . There is no way to know what the offer will be but expect to be hit with a plea to a disorderly conduct or the like, an ACD is possible with restitution likely. Look on spending anywhere up to $700. And you should hire an experienced attorney to help you out.

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.
  3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

Answered . An ACD is a common disposition for a first time petit larceny shoplifting, there's not entitlement to it. Since you have the means to pay everyone's fines, then you should hire an attorney to assit and represent you.