Personal property missing from my vehicle that was impounded

Discovery Bay, CA |

My vehicle was impounded after traffic violation . I had my small leather type jewelry case / wallet type thing with my mom's wedding ring 1 . relict solitaire , 3 ct diamond tennis bracelet and other very sentimental jewelry items in it . Picked up my car from tow company . The owner showed me a form regarding the perch . property . Don't remember exactly the wording but said one officer said the jewelry was being held and the other said it wasn't . One statement had been crossed out . I remember the officer asking me when I was in the back of the police car about the jewelry . I described it all . He stated that the jewelry was now " taken " jewelry . He made it sound like I had stolen it . After getting the opportunity to get to the evidence storage place in Concord my jewelry wasn't there . HELP !

See my answer to your duplicate post.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Traffic tickets topics