Personal Injury resulted in Skull fracture from bracket that fell 100ft how much is this case worth ??

Asked over 1 year ago - Worcester, MA

It was from a well known company and they want mediation I have been waiting for 3weeks for them to set a date but they havent with all thats goin on, how much is case worth and How long do I have to wait for them to Pick a Mediation date

1. Brian P Finnerty

Pro

4

1

Answered . Were you working construction when the accident occurred? Are you going to mediation without a lawyer? It sounds as if you do not have a lawyer representing you, and that could be a big mistake. An attorney would evaluate all of your damages, obtain all accident documentation and medical records, make a written settlement demand to the company's insurance company, and file suit if necessary. I strongly recommend you don't take this on yourself. The insurer will make every effort top pay as little as possible.
    I've been handling cases like yours for over 25 years, and would be happy to discuss your claim and answer your questions at no charge.

2. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

5

1

Answered . A skull fracture can be a very serious injury. From the information presented it sounds like you have been representing yourself. You should consult with a personal injury attorney in Massachusetts - there are many listed on this web site, and most initial consultations are free. In order to fully value your claim a great deal more information would be needed.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

5

Answered . Do you have personal injury counsel? If not, that's the place to start. None of us can tell you how much the case is worth due to the information we typically need for such assessments not being included in your post. An experienced attorney can best answer those questions after a full case assessment.

4. Daniel McKenna

3

Answered . I agree with the previous posters that you should contact an attorney to assist you. An attorney will be able to help you gather and present evidence at the mediation.

How much compensation you receive will depend on the facts of the case and what harms and losses you suffered. After reviewing your case an attorney will be able to assist you in making that determination.

5. Anthony J. Luzzo

3

Answered . Absolutely consult an attorney. More information is needed to properly evaluate the claim. If you were working then this is a worker's comp case but there may also be some third party liability that needs to be investigated ASAP!!

6. Elliot S Coren

Pro

3

Answered . Hi

I cannot tell you what your case is "worth" or anyhing about mediation without knowing all; the facts of your case. However, I do know that this is a substantial case and you have absolutely no business handling this yourself. You cannot just ":show up" and expect to get a fair settlement. You need a personal injury attorney who will know how to present a proper mediation and bring the appropriate exhibits, records, pictures and make a strong presentation. You need to get an attorney to handle the mediation as well as everything else. If a law suit has not already been brought, it is rare that insurers will make a good offer. The timing may not be right for mediation right now. It is possible the insurer is hoping you will accept a very low settlement at this early stage. Get a lawyer!.
    If you have a lawyer you should be asking your lawyer these questions.

Steve Coren

7. Jonathan Alexander Karon

3

Answered . It's impossible to say without knowing a lot more about your injury and exactly what happened. Assuming that the bracket fell due to their negligence (which seems likely) you would be entitled to compensation for your reasonable medical expenses, past, present and future; your lost of earning capactity (which may or may not be more than your out of pocket lost wages) and your pain and suffering, both physical pain, emotional distress and all the ways this injury has affected you and is expected to in the future (if it is). Accordingly, answering that question would require a thorough evaluation including reviewing your medical records and talking to you about how this has affected you. In the end the reasonable settlement value is based on a prediction of what a jury woudl do if you tried your case. You really need to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to make sure that you are getting a reasonable offer and to make sure that the mediation is scheduled promptly and with a good mediatior (assuming you haven't already done so). The "Results" section of our web site linked below has some examples of diferent verdicts and settlement amounts for different types of cases that might give you some usefull ideas of amounts, but every case, including yours, is unique and you really should consult with an attorey.

8. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . Do not attempt to handle this without consulting with a personal injury attorney. You are doing yourself a disservice. The insurance company is not going to pay you anywhere near fair value. You also give absolutely no facts upon which to evaluate your claim. There are a plethora of factors that need to be considered in this process that unless you have spent years doing this, you will not understand or be able to incorporate into your decision-making process.

9. Robert H Flynn

2

Answered . Your case may be substantial or it may be of relatively low value. The value as a tort or accident case depends on many factors including who is responsible and how, whether they have insurance, the nature and extent of injuries and permanence of any disability. These are a few of the factors. I have never heard of an insurer wanting to go to mediation if there is no lawyer. You should, if you don't have an attorney, hire one.

Bob flynn

10. Jeffrey Mark Adams

3

1

Answered . Its worth probably more than the injured party can achieve without a qualified personal injury attorney. If the injured person has accomplished counsel, then he/she knows how to best handle the case. No one can ethically or properly give a value without knowing all relevant facts. Good luck.

Pro

3

Answered . Your lawyer and their lawyer are likely working on scheduling a date.

12. Michael R Crosner

2

Answered . Consult a local personal injury attorney ASAP!!!! - many offer free initial consultations