Personal injury process?

Charlotte, NC |

Slipped in the bathroom taking a shower. How to get personal injury compensation?

The bathroom is located inside a gym, and also inside a private building (the employer owns the building, though not actively using the space on that floor other than the bathroom). Can I sue the property owner to get reimbursement for getting medical check-up and fees? What kind of documentation would I need? No one saw me fall though 2nd Question: if a student slips and falls inside a dorm bathroom, can he sue the college? Reason for the Fall: Water on the floor near the place where I took the shower.

1. Hire an attorney. You can find a lawyer with the tab above. Do wait.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

2. Did you close the curtain? A personal injury lawyer can investigate. Probably a tough road to hoe.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. You need to document your injury with the property owner and get proper medical care for your injuries. Hopefully you told somebody working in the gym that you were injured and get information of any witnesses if there were any.

Good Luck.

4. Slip and fall cases can be very difficult. Different jurisdictions have different laws as to whether you can recover for injuries due to an "open and obvious" condition. A recent case from Ky. affirmed a dismissal of a slip-and-fall case in a motel bathroom, finding no liability on the part of the motel. You should consult with a NC personal injury lawyer about whether you have a case. You should also investigate whether the motel may maintain "med pay" coverage which will cover your medical bills regardless of fault. Good luck.

5. Fundamentally, a property owner, even a commercial owner, is not liable just because someone got hurt on their property. Negligence must be shown and in a slip and fall case, the defendant will always argue that the accident victim was primarily at fault. I discuss slip and fall cases on the slip and fall page of my website below.