Skip to main content

Personal injury lawyer quit after 3 months, now what?

Rosenberg, TX |

My mother and I got a personal injury lawyer (contingency basis) 3 months ago after being involved in 2 separate minor accidents. My mother was in the right in both accidents, but the second one she received a ticket for (middle car in multi car wreck).

The lawyer told her not to move her car from the impound, because he needed photos or something I assume. Well, 30 days later, the car was still there and the bank was forced to move it. The bank fixed it and said they are selling it.

The lawyer also said he'd help my mother fight her ticket, but he didn't show up to court.

Now, the lawyer is saying he wants out.

We're looking at no car, no lawyer, I owe a few thousand in medical bills... please help!

Where do we go from here? Just try to settle with the insurance companies?

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Best answer

    Seek out another injury lawyer in your area. Ask your friends and family for a referral. Most will give you a free consultation. You can discuss the injuries, the car, the ticket, and any potential other issues relating to the attorney's services. If the lawyer wants out, make sure you get that in writing and show that to a new lawyer. I never recommend that anyone handle a personal injury claim against an insurance company without the assistance of a personal injury lawyer.

    Good luck. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this.

    Donivan Flowers is a licensed attorney in the State of Texas only. The answers provided in this forum are for informational purposes only and may not be used as legal advice. No attorney client relationship is reached with this lawyer by virtue of this website. To learn more about this lawyer, go to

  2. get a reputable injury lawyer. word of mouth is the best resource. if you do not know of one, your local county bar association should have a referral service. also the texas trial lawyers association will have a listing of members in your area. the last resource shoyuld be billboard and telephone book ads. good luck.

  3. I recommend you go to a reputable lawyer. Preferably one you can find through AVVO. Bring your file from your previous attorney and explain that the other lawyer wanted out. Best of luck.

    This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

  4. Seek out another reputable attorney in your area. Explain all of this to your new attorney

    Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

  5. I agree. Ask the lawyer for your complete file and take it to another personal injury lawyer in the area.

    Sorry to hear about this. Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

  6. I am sorry to hear about this. Not all lawyers were created equal. This is not acceptable behavior. Contact the disciplinary board. You can find a top-rated lawyer by searching Avvo. Good luck.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  7. I suggest that you shop for a new attorney.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics