Personal injury attorney needed who will gamble 1/2 hour of time for a big payoff.

Woodland Hills, CA |

This is personal injury - emotional distress.

I have a case against Wells Fargo, N.A. and others for emotional distress due to a wrongful foreclosure.

I'm not your average "whack job" making up some story, etc. I have the law and facts on my side; what I don't have is $$ to fight a big-box firm that bills at $450 per hour.

The story is both simple and convoluted but I guarantee you, the FACTS and the applicable law almost guarantee a winner.

Broad brush picture: Wells Fargo foreclosed on my house and bought it losing me $70,000 in equity, AND, in violation of the automatic stay in my Ch. 7 BK.

Give me 1/2 hour (I'm not asking for free advice) and let me SHOW you documents, tell you facts you can verify and if needed, show you plain law that applies to the facts.

Any gamblers here?

1. I'm willing to listen.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

2. So you want someone to take on Wells Fargo and its big box lawyers, on a contingency, and no doubt pay all the expenses for 1/3 of $70,000 in lost equity if that number is correct and a jury gives you everything you ask for on that. And, who is advancing the daily jury fees of $300 per day?
    As far as emotional distress- you sound cool and collected to me.

On the other hand, if we lose, your lawyer gets nothing, and is out costs?

Typically lawyers handle personal injury cases on a contingency where liability is clear and damages are in the area of mid-six figures, sometimes lower.

I have handled commercial litigation where the damages are over $400,000 on a contingency and the client will pay all of the expenses. This is hard damages, no emotional distress.

Under no circumstances would I ever take a $70,000 commercial case on a contingency--no matter how you pump it up.

3. How many attorneys/law firms have you previously presented the case to?

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

4. The only certainty is uncertainty - sounds cliche but it's true. There are almost no guarantees in prevailing against another party - let alone against one of the largest banks with potentially "unlimited resources." However, I think if the facts are strong, there would be plenty of competent attorneys willing to consult (free of charge) to assess whether or not they'll take your case. I don't believe my colleagues are gamblers - our profession is to minimize the risks involved before making a very calculated attack. Good Luck.

This answer should not be used as a final ruling on your case as more facts are needed to fully understand and expound upon your legal inquiry. This answer should be used a short introduction to the legal theories that may apply.