Skip to main content

Personal injury and discrimination i am an american who works for a mission to the un in new york

New York, NY |

have spinal stenosis from my job and i am discriminated they have done nothing to change or help my position can i file a lawsuit or is it difficult.....

i got hurt on the job and have spinal stenosis also there is no workers comp and they are an international organization

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need an employment lawyer. This is not personsl injury. You may also have a workers compensation claim but more information is needed.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.



ther is no wokers compensation they are an international organization


You need to immediately consult with either a labor or employment lawyer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Whose mission do you work for? There are possible immunity issues floating around here. You need a comprehensive consultation with an employment lawyer.



mission of sweden


More info is needed to evaluate. Call a local employment lawyer to discuss


You post a somewhat unique inquiry. If you were hurt on the job, you would normally file for workers compensation in NY, but a foreign mission (Sweden) may be exempt from NY's law requiring such insurance or benefits. Consult with a W.C. attorney on that issue. The same may be true for discrimination laws for faiilng to give you an "accomodation", which is what is believed to be what you are refering to .

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer