Skip to main content

Personal injury

Hemet, CA |

13 months ago, I rode a bike, the driver of the car branched in the right parking place, he was not paying attention and I over the rear of the car I flew to the ground. Two independent ortopedic surgery and one neurologist recommend surgery neck and back. But the insurance wants to pay now only $ 50 000, and other $ 50 000 after surgery. Is this correct? Based on all the medical report, SSA agreed to my disability. Man you beat me his car, has $ 100 000 policy. I have a question who will pay the operation, when an operation will cost over $ 100, 000. Now all the medical bill cost $ 15,000 + fee for attorney and also compensation for me ..

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should use an attorney to deal with your case. Do you have health insurance? Do you have underinsured coverage on your cars? There is no way to fully answer without knowing all of the facts. It appears you have a good case, you should make sure all of your available insurance is exhausted. Some insurance companies require you to have surgery if you are claiming it.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

  2. I agree with Mr. Ferguson. If you don't have a good personal injury attorney, you need to hire one asap. An experienced attorney will be able to identify all sources of insurance coverage and all other financial assets that are potentially available to help you. Often times insurance companies will not pay the appropriate value that would be associated with a surgical case until after the surgery. There is a huge difference in the valuation of your claim between needing surgery and actually having surgery. An experienced attorney will know all applicable law that may enable you to receive settlement funds as the injured party, before consideration is given to repaying the insurance company providing you medical care. It appears you have a good legal case, but it also appears that it is too complex for you to handle on your own.

    The information provided is general in nature based on the limited information provided and does not constitute an attorney client relationship. This attorney is licensed only in the State of Washington and is not rendering you legal advice. The information given is for educational purposes only. The best advice would be to consult with an attorney in your local jurisdiction for answers and opinions based on specific and more detailed information relevant to your case specific question and the relevant laws in your area.

  3. This sounds like a complex case with disputed liability. You will need the assistance of an attorney If you'd like a free, no-risk consultation please feel free to call my office. Good luck.