Skip to main content

Person working in State agency apply for EB4 category?

Atlanta, GA |

State agency holds my h1b currently. Can they file for EB4 as i am long term employee of state agency.
Please let me know, if there is any way to get permanent residency other than EB2/EB3 categories.

thank uyou

Attorney Answers 3


Which EB-4 sub-category do you think you qualify for?
Religious Workers
Iraqi/Afghan Translators
Iraqis Who Have Assisted the United States
International Organization Employees
Armed Forces Members
Panama Canal Zone Employees
Retired NATO-6 employees
Spouses and Children of Deceased NATO-6 employees

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree




US Government employees or International organization employees ... please respond. THank you

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


There is a big difference between being a state agency employee and a US government, or international Organization employee. I don't see the nexus that you are implying. Sorry, talk the lawyer that did your H.


Talk to the employer's immigration attorney. I assume they should know that. hire your own for a consultation.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You appear to be concerned about your lawful stay in the United States and wish to remain in the country legally. If that is in fact correct, delegate any of your issues to the counsel of record, as legally appropriate in this situation.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics