Permist /License for internet business

Asked over 4 years ago - Dallas, TX

I want to start a home based business, internet retailing in Dallas, TX. What State and/or Federal permits do i need?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Zachary James Levine


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . The Secretary of State's Office has a lot of information on its website at the following address that you may want to review:

    In addition to that you will want to organize your business into a separate legal entity such as a corporation or LLC, or at the very least register a fictitious name statement with your county recorder's office. You will also want to register with the IRS and obtain a reseller's license for sales tax. If you will be selling to customers outside your home state you may want to consult an attorney regarding the collection of sales tax as this area of law is in a recent state of flux.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,116 answers this week

3,055 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,116 answers this week

3,055 attorneys answering