Permanent resident and Obama care?

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I became a permanent resident a year ago,I had a good job but I am unemployed now. just need to know about the health insurance ( obamacare), I can't afford it now and I have heard that you only eligible for government insurance (medicaid) when you have been living here for over years, I have been here for 3 years only..would you please tell what my options are ?

1. Michael John Harrington

5

Answered . Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR's ) are eligible for Affordable Care Act (ACA)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Not an immigration law question. But am sure Obama care promoters will be happy to sign you up on a great plan, highly subsidized by tax payers. Just log in to the site, cruise and you shall find lots of goodies at highly subsidized rates..Then, to top it all off, contact an "Obamacare" "facilitator" who will delight in having you sign up for the right subsidy..

3. Yesenia Acosta

4

Answered . You should start here: www.CoveredCA.com, as it appears that you live in California. If you are under a certain income, then you might qualify for Medi-Cal (free) or a subsidy under Covered CA. See the charts here: https://www.coveredca.com/PDFs/English/fact-she.... The forms are in many languages to help you.

4. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

1

Answered . You need to visit the healthcare.gov website.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . That is an extremely complex question as many people in similar circumstances research and compare plans that are as clear as the other side of the Moon to the naked eye. Good luck.

6. L. Vincent Ramunno Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . You ask a fine question, but complex, you need a good immigration lawyer licensed in the appropriate venue