Skip to main content

Permanent residence and federal employment.

Dallas, TX |

I am a permanent resident and have been recently hired by federal agency, Its not a armed force. In this case can I apply for citizenship.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Government employment gives no special citizenship option. You may be eligible to apply for naturalization after 3 or 5 years as a lawful permanent resident, depending on how you achieved that status.

    This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

  2. Only if you meet the normal requirements for US citizenship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics