Skip to main content

Permanent immigration

New York, NY |
Filed under: Political asylum

My friend is US citizen.can he sponsor me for permanent immigration.I dont have any relative in US.I also do not qualify for other categories like H1B,Lottery,Investment ,Asylum etc?

Is there anything like adjust status for Family friend for immigration

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    I'm afraid this won't work, only certain categories can sponsor someone, all of them relatives. The only way someone can sponsor a friend is through employment.

    It's possible in theory to sponsor someone for a job even without a degree, but it's difficult in practice because of status issues. Speak with an attorney to see what might be possible.