Permanent conservatorship of a child

Asked over 4 years ago - San Antonio, TX

my cousin Leah was removed by Child protective services in Corpus Christi, Texas. Her mother gave up her parental rights. It's been 8 months since removal. Can Leah's aunt and uncle file for permanent conservatorship? The aunt and uncle live in California. Is there recourse if CPS has permanent conservatorship?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Edgardo Rafael Baez

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . It would always in the best interest of the child to have a relative taking care of them; however, you may have jursidictional problems. Please, contact a local attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,959 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,959 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering