PERM Processing : Labor: How long does it take to get Labor approved if gone for audit?

Asked over 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

I did submitted my GC PERM appln in Nov 16th 2011, but was taken for audit in Mar 1 , 2012. My Visa expires (6th Year) in June 3rd of 2012 and so would like to know if the labor processing will be done within June of 2012? If not, Am I eligible for H1 extension?
At worst case, if Visa cannot be extended, Do I have to go out of country?
If gone, how soon I can be back to US?

Please advise.

thanks,
Joe

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . It is very doubtful that your audited PERM will be approved by June. You may have to leave the US for one year and apply for a new H-1B.

2. Jason Todd Lorenzon

Answered . I agree with my colleauges. You also need to consult with your employer's immigration attorney. I would also consult and get a second opinion. Most of us have free initial consultations. Since you are in Cleveland, feel free to contact my office. Good luck,.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . DOL is currently working on audits for Labor Certifications filed in June 2011.
    You would only be eligible to extend your status if you have not reached the 6 year maximum.
    Yes, you would need to leave the US, if you cannot extend your status. You would need to remain abroad until you can regain H-1B status.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.