PERM Processing : Labor: How long does it take to get Labor approved if gone for audit?

Asked over 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

I did submitted my GC PERM appln in Nov 16th 2011, but was taken for audit in Mar 1 , 2012. My Visa expires (6th Year) in June 3rd of 2012 and so would like to know if the labor processing will be done within June of 2012? If not, Am I eligible for H1 extension?
At worst case, if Visa cannot be extended, Do I have to go out of country?
If gone, how soon I can be back to US?

Please advise.


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is very doubtful that your audited PERM will be approved by June. You may have to leave the US for one year and apply for a new H-1B.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Jason Todd Lorenzon

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I agree with my colleauges. You also need to consult with your employer's immigration attorney. I would also consult and get a second opinion. Most of us have free initial consultations. Since you are in Cleveland, feel free to contact my office. Good luck,.

    Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . DOL is currently working on audits for Labor Certifications filed in June 2011.
    You would only be eligible to extend your status if you have not reached the 6 year maximum.
    Yes, you would need to leave the US, if you cannot extend your status. You would need to remain abroad until you can regain H-1B status.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,681 answers this week

3,088 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,681 answers this week

3,088 attorneys answering