PERM Labor Certification Process

Asked 8 months ago - Melville, NY

My employer A will be doing my PERM for a position needing experience in A's IT Security Products or similar and the job duties will also be working on A's IT Security products. I don't have experience in A's products but have experience in similar products of B.

As per DOL's labor approval conditions, do I qualify for this job? Should we change the job description and say experience needed in A's or B's IT Security products. Any other issues that we should take care of in this scenario, please explain

1. Ajay Kumar Arora

2

Answered . The slightest misstep in the preparation of a PERM application will result in denial of either PERM or subsequently filed I-140 petition.

You should be qualified for the offered job prior to employment by the sponsoring employer. An immigration attorney will craft a job description that is valid and true, but at the same time the sponsored employee meets the minimum qualifications for the offered job. However, there must be a balance--the offered job should not be tailored to the employee's resume, as it is prejudicial to U.S. workers. Please consult with an experienced immigration for case-specific advice.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Have you discussed this with the lawyer doing the PERM papers?

Do so ... immediately.