Percentage of my income towards alimony and length of duration of alimony

Black Mountain, NC |
Filed under: Alimony

My husband and I were married for 13 years. I have been the primary breadwinner in our marriage, in the sense that I have always received a weekly paycheck. My (soon-to-be-ex)husband is a contractor and would make larger sums of money every so often from completing building projects. We used this money to pay off our debt. We were working toward using the money he made from large building projects to build up our savings: a nest egg so to speak. At the time we decided to separate, my (ex)husband's client backed out of a big project, and my (ex)husband was not able to get any money he was owed. He currently does not have any work - no income at all. I have been financially supporting him completely (and myself) for the past five months of our separation. Can you advise us as to how long...

that I should continue to support him financially,and what percentage of my income is appropriate for this financial support? Also, we wish to settle this outside of court, is this possible?

1. GIVE HIM 25% OF YOUR NET INCOME AND TELL HIM TO START FLIPPING HAMBURGERS.lIFE'S TOUGH AND SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO DO WORK BENEATH US. tELL HIM THE GRAVY TRAIN IN America is over and it is time to take whatever work is avaiiable