People posting false sexual content& info about me & my business, I have contacted the sites directly and they are uncooperative

Saint Louis, MO |
Filed under: Business Internet law

contacted the web-masters and the site directly and they refuse to remove the content, stating that my business (including names and photos copied from face-book) provides sexual activities for $. Which has resulted in numerous customers trying to seek these sexual advances. What can I do

Hire a letter to send a cease and dismiss letter and if false information is being published, consult with a lawyer regarding a defamation suit.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.

In many jurisdictions false statements of that nature are 'per se' defamatory, and damages are presumed. You should contact an attorney immediately.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business