People posting false sexual content& info about me & my business, I have contacted the sites directly and they are uncooperative

Asked about 1 year ago - Saint Louis, MO

contacted the web-masters and the site directly and they refuse to remove the content, stating that my business (including names and photos copied from face-book) provides sexual activities for $. Which has resulted in numerous customers trying to seek these sexual advances. What can I do

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ronald Jay Eisenberg

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hire a letter to send a cease and dismiss letter and if false information is being published, consult with a lawyer regarding a defamation suit.

    My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an... more
  2. Benjamin Peter Kafka

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . In many jurisdictions false statements of that nature are 'per se' defamatory, and damages are presumed. You should contact an attorney immediately.

Related Topics


Business law covers topics such as business structures, common documents, business taxes and finances, insurance, real estate, and government regulations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,360 answers this week

3,280 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,360 answers this week

3,280 attorneys answering