Pending I-130 petition for spouse of an LPR

Asked about 1 year ago - Gaithersburg, MD

I am a US permanent resident, and have a pending I-130 with USCIS, for my husband with a priority date OCT 2012. The latest visa bulletin states that our priority date is current , Can you please tell me what is the next step that can be taken now or should I have to wait for my petition to be approved?

Also , can you briefly tell me how the case proceeds after the approval (i.e what other forms will i have to file )
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

My husband lives outside USA.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Once the I-130 is approved the case will be transferred to the NVC.

You would be wise to hire an attorney to assist with preparing the forms in advance.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Step 1: wait for the priority date to become current. It is current in the August bulletin, but we are not yet in August.
    What can and needs to be done in August cannot be determined from your posting and depends on such factors as where your spouse is, and if in the US, whether they are in valid non-immigrant status.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

Answered . Contact the NVC