Pending I-130 petition for spouse of an LPR

Gaithersburg, MD |

I am a US permanent resident, and have a pending I-130 with USCIS, for my husband with a priority date OCT 2012. The latest visa bulletin states that our priority date is current , Can you please tell me what is the next step that can be taken now or should I have to wait for my petition to be approved?

Also , can you briefly tell me how the case proceeds after the approval (i.e what other forms will i have to file )
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

My husband lives outside USA.

Once the I-130 is approved the case will be transferred to the NVC.

You would be wise to hire an attorney to assist with preparing the forms in advance.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Contact the NVC

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Step 1: wait for the priority date to become current. It is current in the August bulletin, but we are not yet in August.
What can and needs to be done in August cannot be determined from your posting and depends on such factors as where your spouse is, and if in the US, whether they are in valid non-immigrant status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics