Pending decision on my Asylum Case.

Newark, NJ |

Is there a reason for the Newark's asylum office for not giving a decision on my asylum case even after 3 months ? I had an asylum interview on February then I was handed out NOID (Notice of intent to deny) the week after for being in legal status. I submitted new evidences within 16 days and now it has been 3 months since I submitted my new evidences and haven't got any decision made on my case yet.

3 months? It is within reasonable time in Newark. They are overwhelmed with cases and their supervisors, who need to sign off on a case are very busy.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. There's definitely a reason. There's just no way for anyone on this forum to know what it is without information about your case and contacting the asylum office on your behalf.

3. A determination on your asylum claim cannot be made overnight. I agree with my colleagues - this is within a reasonable amount of time. You will have to wait it out.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: ssvosbikian@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site: www.voslaw.com