Skip to main content

Pending asylum case

Brooklyn, NY |

it has been over 150 days. I am applying for EAD and followed instructions but how do I apply for my spouse and children. I had them fill out form 765 and get 2 passport photos each but where do I get the evidence that they are derivatives of my asylum case? What do I submit for this???

Attorney Answers 4


Marriage and birth certificates are the pieces of evidence needed to prove derivative status. Please work with an immigration lawyer so that your asylum application can be fully documented.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You should contact an immigration attorney. Asylum law is very complex. Marriage and birth certificates are good evidence.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Asylum is one of the most difficult areas of immigration law and one where many sharks operate and unauthorized practice of law happens. That is to say two things: 1. It is very difficult if not impossible to successfully present an asylum claim without competent assistance of an immigration attorney well experienced in asylum law. 2. Depending on a venue, there are manifold individuals out there, more numerous than in any other area of immigration law, who purport to offer services to potential refugees for a fee and either pose as attorneys and thus engage in outright fraud or try to convince applicants that the attorneys are two expensive and not necessary and often push applicants to commit fraud to “enforce” their claims. Beware of such personalities and try to seek out legal help from a licensed, experienced and competent immigration attorney. Remember: frivolous, that is deliberately fabricated asylum application may result in many troubles including complete ineligibility for life for any immigration benefits including immigrant status though bona fide marriage to USC or by petition of USC child over the ager of 21. Finally, these questions you are are but the beginner's questions. You will have many others to come. Much more complicated ones, which go to the heart of the very likelihood of your getting asylum.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


You must prove the relationship and that they are present in the US. Marriage and birth certificates are a good start.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics