Pending asylum case

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

it has been over 150 days. I am applying for EAD and followed instructions but how do I apply for my spouse and children. I had them fill out form 765 and get 2 passport photos each but where do I get the evidence that they are derivatives of my asylum case? What do I submit for this???

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Asylum is one of the most difficult areas of immigration law and one where many sharks operate and unauthorized practice of law happens. That is to say two things: 1. It is very difficult if not impossible to successfully present an asylum claim without competent assistance of an immigration attorney well experienced in asylum law. 2. Depending on a venue, there are manifold individuals out there, more numerous than in any other area of immigration law, who purport to offer services to potential refugees for a fee and either pose as attorneys and thus engage in outright fraud or try to convince applicants that the attorneys are two expensive and not necessary and often push applicants to commit fraud to “enforce” their claims. Beware of such personalities and try to seek out legal help from a licensed, experienced and competent immigration attorney. Remember: frivolous, that is deliberately fabricated asylum application may result in many troubles including complete ineligibility for life for any immigration benefits including immigrant status though bona fide marriage to USC or by petition of USC child over the ager of 21. Finally, these questions you are are but the beginner's questions. You will have many others to come. Much more complicated ones, which go to the heart of the very likelihood of your getting asylum.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

2

Best Answer

Answered . Marriage and birth certificates are the pieces of evidence needed to prove derivative status. Please work with an immigration lawyer so that your asylum application can be fully documented.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

3

Answered . You should contact an immigration attorney. Asylum law is very complex. Marriage and birth certificates are good evidence.

4. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

2

Answered . You must prove the relationship and that they are present in the US. Marriage and birth certificates are a good start.