Pending Asylum a hurdle to get enrolled in US Army?

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I received NOID ( Notice of Intent to Deny) and then submitted new evidences within 16 days for my political asylum. But I haven't got any decision made on my case yet and it has been 3 months already. I am applying for US Army in the meantime. Would this pending asylum case be a big hurdle for me to get enlisted in US Army?

1. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I believe you need to be an LPR to join the army.

2. Irene Vaisman

1

Answered . I believe you need to be at least an LPR to serve. Disclose your status to the recruiter

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Anu Gupta

Pro

2

Answered . I think you should talk with the Army recruiter.

4. Eric M. Mark

Pro

Answered . Your big hurdle is you are not eligible for the army because you are not a permanent resident of citizen. If you are approved for asylum, you'll be on your way. If you are denied, you need to speak with a lawyer immediately. It would actually be wise to speak with a lawyer now because if you are missing information in your asylum application a lawyer may be able to cure the problem before a decision is made.

5. Dean P Murray

Answered . A foreign national should always use an immigration lawyer for an asylum application. Very difficult to win with a lawyer, and virtually impossible to win without one.