Skip to main content

Paying for I-130 and I-485 form

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Should I pay for these forms with a personal check? Who should I make it out to? Also Do I make a check for the $355 for the I-130 and $1,010 for I-485? Do i need to break it down any other way?

Attorney Answers 1


Yes, a personal check is fine. Write two separate checks: one for $355 and the other for $1,010, both payable to Department of Homeland Security. Note that the fees increase on November 23.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics