Payed $2.000.00 retainer was told it would resolve a restrain order and DV comp. was mail a bill for an additional $2,120.00

Asked over 1 year ago - Ridgefield Park, NJ

Only retrain order was dismissed. Was not informed of additional charges would occurred.

1. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Brinkmeier, you have to read your contract. It seems you thought the contract was "pay me $2,000 and that will get the job done." But the contract probably doesn't say that at all. Good luck!

2. Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

1

Answered . You need to re-read what you signed and address your concerns with the attorney you retained.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . See your retainer agreement. It will outline the detail for you.

4. Daniel Sage Ward

1

Answered . Generally, a retainer is not a cap on the amount that can be charged. Look at the retainer agreement. Unless it was a "flat fee" retainer ("I will do X for $Y") the retainer amount does not necessarily act as a cap on fees.