Skip to main content

Paycheck deduction

New York, NY |

My ex-boss deducted my paycheck & refused to pay my vacation due to over tood vacation day in prior few years. Was it illegal?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Unfortunately, the quick answer is: It depends. I would want to know a little more about your employment and what specifically happened.

    You can contact the Department of Labor for help with getting your owed wages and vacation in most situations. If they are unable to help you, set up a free consultation with an experienced employment attorney and explore your options.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook ( if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics