Patient admitted to hospital via ER/911 call. ER description of patient on intake "well-nourished"..

eight months laters dies from CHF and Malnutrition after being in four hospitals, three nursing homes, deveoped stage II bed sores, had compression fractures of L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 lumbar that was never told to us. Botched surgery for a supposed minimally displaced fracture just above the knee (rt), follow up appt with surgeon showed us one xray of a surgical procedure; copy given from hospital radiology showed a totally different procedure; aspirated during surgery, but we were never informed of that either. Cause: an esophagas full of undigested food due to a lower sphincter problem causing food to go down very slowly. Had COPD and was given a steady drip of MORPHINE (causes upper respiratory distress), given no food or water to drink for almost four days post surgery but steadily sen

Escondido, CA -

William Peter Daley

William Peter Daley

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Diego, CA

Need a lot more information before can answer this. Age, previous medical history, date of death. Best to call one of us Avvo attorneys for a free consultation.

www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

Kenneth Lee LaBore

Kenneth Lee LaBore

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Minneapolis, MN

It sounds like your loved one suffered serious neglect from several different medical providers which can make your claims more difficult. You would need to establish that there a causal link between at least one facility and the death.

I am sorry for your loss. I would consult with a local medical malpractice attorney in person. You can find one on AVVO.

Scott Douglas Camassar

Scott Douglas Camassar

Medical Malpractice Attorney - North Stonington, CT

Contact a medical malpractice lawyer near you to review the records to see if there was a violation of the standard of care. This sounds like a serious and complicated case. Good luck

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com