Patient admitted to hospital via ER/911 call. ER description of patient on intake "well-nourished"..

Escondido, CA |

eight months laters dies from CHF and Malnutrition after being in four hospitals, three nursing homes, deveoped stage II bed sores, had compression fractures of L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 lumbar that was never told to us. Botched surgery for a supposed minimally displaced fracture just above the knee (rt), follow up appt with surgeon showed us one xray of a surgical procedure; copy given from hospital radiology showed a totally different procedure; aspirated during surgery, but we were never informed of that either. Cause: an esophagas full of undigested food due to a lower sphincter problem causing food to go down very slowly. Had COPD and was given a steady drip of MORPHINE (causes upper respiratory distress), given no food or water to drink for almost four days post surgery but steadily sen

1. Need a lot more information before can answer this. Age, previous medical history, date of death. Best to call one of us Avvo attorneys for a free consultation.

www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

2. It sounds like your loved one suffered serious neglect from several different medical providers which can make your claims more difficult. You would need to establish that there a causal link between at least one facility and the death.

I am sorry for your loss. I would consult with a local medical malpractice attorney in person. You can find one on AVVO.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

3. Contact a medical malpractice lawyer near you to review the records to see if there was a violation of the standard of care. This sounds like a serious and complicated case. Good luck

4. I'm sorry to hear about all of this. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Medical malpractice topics