Past due child support, criminal case

Asked 12 months ago - Arlington, MA

Hello, My ex-husband owes over $78,000.00 in child support. He has run away from the country, as soon as he had been find guilty with assault & battery. DOR is only reporting him to credit burrows. I know he is having lavish life in Europe. Can I file legal or criminal case to make sure he would not be able to come to US for leisure, denied any US visa, loan, grand etc. He is not involved in children lives and never requested a visitation. Children deserve to have a good education

1. Julie Court Molloy

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If your ex-husband owes that much in child support, he should be on the lists maintained by DOR/CSE which reports to various law enforcement agencies, including customs, which should ensure that he would be picked up by police if he tries to re-enter the country.

Best wishes.

2. Talia N. Simonds

2

1

Answered . Attorney Molloy is correct. You should contact DOR and ask what enforcement remedies are being used in your case. DOR has a wide range of administrative remedies that can use against your ex-husband, you only need to ask for them to be enforced. You can contact DOR at 800-332-2733. Good luck!

3. Stephen Daniel Karpf

Answered . I just want to add to Attorney Molloy's succinct and correct assessment that you also may have options to seize assets if they are located in the United States. If you think this is possible, or that you may be able to find assets, you should speak to a lawyer about this.