Passport Renewal with splitting names

Asked 8 months ago - Hopkins, MN

Hi,
My passport has the below name mentioned
Given Name : AA BB CC
SurName :
It expires Sep 2014, hence want it to be renewed as I am travelling to India around April 2014.
My Visa has name
SurName - AA BB CC
Given Name - FNU

However, my I94 or Drivers license does not have FNU written on it. It has AA BB CC which is fine.

My questions are:
1. I need to apply for my passport renewal, I would want to split my name in the passport as
Given Name : AA
SurName : BB CC
Do I need to provide a newspaper advertisement for the same? Can I do it without an advertisement.
2. Would the new passport with split names cause any issues if I am extending my visa in future?
3. Since I am travelling to India for a vacation in April should I have passport valid till 6 months minimum?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Is this a US passport? If not, then you're asking this question on the wrong forum.

If it is for an Indian passport ... talk to someone in the Indian government.

2. Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

2

Answered . Contact Indian embassy .