Passport Renewal with splitting names

Hopkins, MN |

Hi,
My passport has the below name mentioned
Given Name : AA BB CC
SurName : <Blank>
It expires Sep 2014, hence want it to be renewed as I am travelling to India around April 2014.
My Visa has name
SurName - AA BB CC
Given Name - FNU

However, my I94 or Drivers license does not have FNU written on it. It has AA BB CC which is fine.

My questions are:
1. I need to apply for my passport renewal, I would want to split my name in the passport as
Given Name : AA
SurName : BB CC
Do I need to provide a newspaper advertisement for the same? Can I do it without an advertisement.
2. Would the new passport with split names cause any issues if I am extending my visa in future?
3. Since I am travelling to India for a vacation in April should I have passport valid till 6 months minimum?

1. Is this a US passport? If not, then you're asking this question on the wrong forum.

If it is for an Indian passport ... talk to someone in the Indian government.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.