Passport Maiden Name.. Green Card Married Name

Asked over 1 year ago - Boise, ID

I am planning to travel to Philippines this April . . . I just got my green card 3 months ago , and my passport will expire on Oct . 2013 . My passport has still has my Maiden Name , and Married name on Green Card , will I get trouble in immigration on this ? I'll be renewing my passport in the Philippines and will have my married name in it , so I should be OK when I get back ?

1. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

6

Best Answer

Answered . You should apply for a new passport on an expedited basis before you travel out of the United States to prevent issues at the border.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

1

Answered . You should renew your passport under your married name, to match your name on your green card. Hopefully you also applied for, and obtained a state issued ID and a social security card under your married name.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . I find both of colleagues answers sufficiently insightful. You will not get trouble with immigration on this. Our immigration system is complex and cumbersome. Sometimes overly bureaucratic too. But not on this particular issue.