Skip to main content

Passenger disabled by drunk driver; driver charged with OUI MISD, received CWOT? MA

Worcester, MA |

Passenger, sleeping in car, contacted MA AG director victims; investigation showed police excluded passenger when filing reports. How to stop this from happening again?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Call the officer to amend the report adding the passenger.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


It happens and there is not much you can do except maybe contact the investigating cop.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


Your question really is ¨How do you make certain that the police do a full and proper investigation?¨ The answer to that question is very complicated, and not necessarily a legal question. However, I would start by contacting the Chief of Police of the city or town where the incident occurred.

Frankly, however, I highly doubt the police will change their practices based upon the facts as you have presented them. There are subjective reasons as to why the police may not interview every witness to a crime. Moreover, if the passenger was asleep, I am certain the police made a sound decision that there was no need to ask him/her about an accident the passenger did not witness.

Good luck,
Anthony Rao, Esq.


Can't prevent it from happening again, but the passenger should be added to the accident report, thus, get in touch with the policeman who did the report.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer