Passed timeline to file wrongful termination case! Where (all) can I go for help, for reasonable settlement! Involves, DC and VA

Asked 9 months ago - Ashburn, VA

My manager was a whistleblower. I was put through horrible things then removed. Employment Commission judgment says, “…potential excess, abuse are evident…discharge was for reasons other than misconduct”. It’s two to three years. Thought all done.

Last year to two years, finding it hard to get reasonable job. Even companies impressed with my performance, soon move away.

Passed timeline to file case; Is it possible, to file case/mediator to correct all bad background since that wrongful termination, get a reasonable settlement for all extreme pain & suffering that me and my family went through, and a job at the renowned very large organization-so need not continue search. Employment was in DC, wrongful termination was in VA.

Where (all) can I get help for a reasonable settlement. Thanks!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Your post is very confusing and contradictory. If you have passed the time limits for filing a claim then there is likely nowhere to go for help in getting a "reasonable settlement." Employers don't "settle" claims that are harmless because the claim is beyond the time limit for legal action.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,189 answers this week

2,691 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,189 answers this week

2,691 attorneys answering