Passed exam:- answered ALL correctly, but a decision cannot yet be made (Naturalization)

New York, NY |

I passed the exam about 6 weeks ago, yet a decision cannot be made. The interviewer kept stressing why I'm I not down there with my hubby: (out of state) where as I work in NY and he has been deployed twice, so I moved to NY to be with family. I told my husband about it and he got very angry and said he will contact the officer personally, as he gave me the form with his name on it. I told him I used to live down there, but came to NY as he was deployed and I've been a house wife, since he asked where was I working before.

It sounds as though you applied as a spouse of a U.S. citizen. In such
a case you must establish that you are living in martial union. Based
upon what you have written, my guess is the adjudicating officer is
having a problem with the marital union requirement. Consult with an
experienced immigration attorney who can review your case in detail and
advise you how best to proceed.

Yes I did apply as a spouse of a citizen ..we're married almost 5 years now. I had to leave down south once my husband was assigned duty twice, I have no family down south neither do my in laws live down south he is just stationed there..so upon deployment,I moved back to NY to be with my family. Upon his return I had landed a job here in NY and stayed here..but we do see each other every holiday season, he did ask me how often I see my husband..which is for every holiday season

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Well, I hit the nail on the head. That's your issue. You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the specific details of your case. USCIS is very fickle when it comes to the marital union requirement.

What is your question? I suggest that you make an inquiry?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Did the officer give any official indication (in the form of a notice) as to what, if any, additional information or evidence you would have to present to allow for final processing of your case?

The officer may have had issues over your residency.

The form he gave only states you have passed your exam, but a decision cannot yet be made that's all...My entire file upon filing has everything in it deployment letters, our insurance, joint accounts everything my husband and I have together. I had no choice but to relocate to NY when my husband was deployed I dont have any family down there, my husband isn't even from down south where he is stationed. My in Laws live in California, so once he was assigned duty I left and came back to NY

It seems to me the officer is questioning the bona fides of your marriage
COnsult an attorney who can advocate for you

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/