Partnership - CEO misused partnership fees

Leesburg, VA |

I entered into a partnership with someone. He took the partnership fee and paid on expenses he had assumed before our partnership agreement. he did this without consent of the partnership which i would assume is a breach of the contract. in the few months i was part of the partnership i found out that the business did not have the necessary licenses to operate (security guard). does this make the contract null and void and give me the right to pursue the person instead of the business. He made empty promises to entice me and other partners to join. i immediately resigned and demanded my partnership fee when i discovered ceo was a fraud. by then the money was allegedly gone. i was listed a vp with rights to see the books. after several attempts ceo would never give me access.

1. You will need to go to court to make demand on the company for the books and records and an accounting of your funds. Don't try to do this yourself - you will need counsel to assist.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

Business topics