Partner from the US wants to open a company there with me (I am from Greece). Can he open it alone and then hire me?

Filed under: Immigration Business

Me and a friend from the US want to open a company there. I am from Greece so I know I can't do it by myself. The only solution we thought is for him to open the company as the head of it and then hire me. Is it possible? Are there any limitations?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is for me Immigrate to the US and get a green card eventually. Had a great idea last time I visited there so I know it's gonna be big in the US! I know I can't get an investor visa because I am from Greece and my company doesn't match the trader visa too. I do have a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in PR. Hope this helps...

It is possible provided he meets the requirements. This is to big a question for this forum. I suggest your partner consult with an experienced immigration attorney regarding business/employment visas.

We will do so. Thank you!

If this is for you to immigrate, you need to clarify what sort of visa you want, investor, trader, transferee, special worker, etc.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

I added some more info. Thank you!

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Perhaps you qualify for an H1b if you have an employer who can hire you in your profession.

That's why I ask if my partner starts a business there, can he hire me? Should the company be running for a certain amount of time? Or it should have any requirements? That was my original question!

You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.