Part time PhD in another state on H1b VISA

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I am currently on a H1b VISA, working in Texas.

1) Can I pursue a part time PhD in a university located in Georgia?
2) Will I qualify for in-state tuition, working in Texas? Intuitively, I think No, but would like to get confirmation.

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . 1. Only if doing so does not cause you to violate your H-1B status.

2. J. David Swaim Jr.

Pro

Answered . H-1s can attend school on a full or part time basis as long as they work legally for an H-1 petitioner. In state tuition is not an immigration question and you will need to check on the in state tuition rules in Georgia, or with the school.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

1

Answered . 1. Only if doing so will not cause you to be out of status. 2. Depends on the State's residency requirements.