Part 2. Can police randomly run a license plate without probable/obvious cause?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Spanaway, WA

I apologize I was trying to give you as much detail without adding my spin on it.

My brother was heading into a construction zone. Out of the left corner of his eye he saw an unmarked vehicle who was parked on the side st as he passed turn on his lights before he entered into traffic, swooped in front of 3 other vehicles to position themselves behind my brother. Because it was only a two lane st my brother pulled over after he had passed the construction zone when it was safe. The officer pulled out his gun, ordered him to get out and assume the position, he was then handcuffed and placed in their vehicle. I stand corrected the only citation given was for "no insurance". No mention on the ticket for any other reason or why he was pulled over.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . An attorney familiar with the policies and procedures of the court will know the likelihood of negotiating such a resolution given the circumstances of your case.

It may be worth your while to consult with a attorney familiar with the judges and practices in the court where you received the ticket to explore your options?

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.