Parole Violation..New Charges? (What to expect)

Chicago, IL |

My boyfriend served some time back in 2008 in Centralia after being charged with an aggravated DUI and felony escape. He was let out on parole, and with only 9 months left on his parole, he absconded. He stayed out all night in violation of his movement, so he decided to remove his ankle bracelet and he left the state. After a couple months, and just a few days ago, he decided to turn himself in. My question is.. do you think that he will just do the time left on his sentence? (Which he says would be about 4.5 months.) Or do you think he will face charges for leaving the state and removing the ankle bracelet?

He will likely face new and additional charges as well.

Every case varies depending on the law and the facts. Because questions often fail to disclose important facts, these 'answers' cannot and should not be relied upon as a replacement for a full or complete review of an actual case by a retained attorney. It is axiomatic that one only 'gets what they pay for', and this is one of those situations where such a phrase generally applies.

Most likely he will have a new case.

Be advised that even if they do not charge him with a new offense, the parole violation will require him to serve the remaining nine months; IDOC is not gpoing to give him the day-for-day good conduct credit. www.galivanlaw.net

DUI topics