Parole and ankle bracelets

Park Forest, IL |

When you are on parole with and electronic monitoring device in order to get movement during the week do you have to give addresses as well as phone numbers to where you will be?

The question was if it was mandatory or not.......

1. That needs to be coordinated with your Parole Officer

2. This should have been discussed with your parole officer. Since I was not there, I do not know the answer 100% for sure. But I am about 99% sure that your parole officer at all times needs to have an updated address and phone number of yours in his/her file at all times. He/She needs to be able to contact you if need be. So if you move or get a new number, you should provide it to him or her ASAP. A really easy way to find the answer to this question is call your parole officer. A lot of people look at them as their enemy, but that is not always the case. They can be helpful and it is a good idea to establish a good relationship with them. Just call him/her, be courteous, and ask.

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. You should consult with an attorney immediately.