Parking ticket reimbursement. I want reimbursement for the amount I had to pay for this because she told me where to park

Portsmouth, VA |

I was escorted to a job interview by the temp agency who arranged the interview. (A lady).
I was going to park in the company's parking lot, but she said no, park here, and pointed to in front of her car. I did so, attended the interview, and when I came out, there was a parking ticket on my windshield. Apparently it was across a driveway, (that I assumed wasn't being used, and that it was owned by the company I was interviewing at). I handed the ticket to the lady who told me to park there, and said this must be for you. She took it, and we each went our own ways. Two months later, I get the ticket in the mail, from the temp agency stating they don't pay employee's parking tickets. I called, and she is not willing to pay it now. Also, it is now late, with additional fees.

1. I think you are going to be spending quite a bit of time trying to get them to pay, and it may be worth it to you to just pay it and move on.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

2. This is not a criminal issue, this is a civil issue. To that end, the fact someone directed you to park illegally does not obligate them to pay your ticket. Pay it and move on.

The information provided herein is intended solely for educational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a local attorney for assistance with your matter.

3. While you may have a (minor) civil claim- the cost of bringing such a claim would far outweigh the cost of the ticket.

This is not intended to be legal advice: it is for general informational or educational purposes only. For information and a free-consultation, regarding your case, feel free to contact our office at: 703.706.0075, email me at Trevor@silislaw.com, or visit our website at http://www.silislaw.com/ and use our online contact form to submit a question or request an in-office consultation. We are located near the intersection of King St. and South Alfred St. in Old Town Alexandria, at: 113 South Alfred Street Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Traffic tickets topics