Parking ticket disputed, denied, de novo appeal hearing found to be valid

Daly City, CA |

My mother is the registered owner of the car I drive everyday. A parking ticket was issued in Daly City CA for violation of MC 10.32.050 which states signs must be present every 150 feet.

The signs are 644 feet apart where I was cited and they are not visible from where I parked. I did all the initial written disputes and the in-court de novo appeal, where I appeared with my mother, and the court still found the citation was valid. The Judge said since we live here, and have seen the signs before, we knew about the parking restriction even if the signs are not within 150 feet as required.

Please help with next steps to take??

You will have to decide whether you want to continue to fight the citation. You are at a disadvantage to go one without an attorney. But, you need to make some decisions.

You need to present something new to expect a new decision.

At this point, the best advice is for you to see a seasoned and experienced attorney to be your advocate.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide Questions to Consider Before Bringing an Appeal

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.