Skip to main content

Parents complete I-864 or I-864A? Please help

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

My spouse is a US citizen and she is sponsoring me for green card. She is a student and lives with her parents. Since she doesn't have any income, we are using her parents income to meet the minimum income requirements.

She has completed I-864 while her parents have completed her I-864A. Is this an acceptable way to meet the financial support requirements? Is there any chances of problems later with this way?

Or Is it worthwhile to wait till her parents come back from vacation and sign I-864 as a joint sponsor instead of I-864A?

Please advise..

Thank You

Attorney Answers 1


Based on your facts, either form is appropriate. Best of luck.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics