Parenting Time schedule clarification.

Denver, CO |

What would be the best term to use to describe the following schedule? Father has parenting time during the following: Summer break, winter break, spring break, Thanksgiving break and one optional week end out of the month when in the state of child’s residents. Father and mother do not reside in the same state and the father will have the child in his home state during his parenting time.

1. Mother has "primary parenting time" and I would assume primary decision-making ability. However, father has relatively liberal parenting time when child is not in school. There is not really a phrase or term of art here in CO for that.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. I give my learned colleague Mr. Leroi credit as he is in tune with this question more than I. I would simply call what you've described as a parenting plan.

Good luck to you!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. I am not sure why it is important to label your parenting plan. Are you trying to clarify when the Father's parenting time begins and ends? If you and the other parent cannot reach agreement to clarify this, you would file a motion with the court seeking clarification of the parenting plan. It would not hurt to consult with an attorney to review the plan and fully understand your rights. Feel free to give us a call.