Parenting Time Evaluation

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

I am divorced and want to file a modification for parenting time. I have been told that it would be beneficial to have a parenting time evaluation and that I can get one done through the court a lot cheaper than a private one.

How can I get this ordered and what is the standard? I am in Multnomah. Thank you.

1. Jay Bodzin

1

Answered . You would need to file a motion to modify your divorce decree's custody provision, and then file a motion for a custody modification. You will only qualify for a court-based evaluation if you meet certain criteria. Your child cannot be over age 14. There cannot be any restraining order or no-contact order in effect between the parties. And your income cannot be above a certain level.

You should consult in private with an attorney before you file any motions in court. You can learn more about these laws here: http://www.northwestlawoffice.com/custody.html

Please read the following notice:

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

Answered . First of all, your child has to be under age 14. Before you file ANYTHING with the court, I STRONGLY suggest a consultation with an experienced family law attorney like me. Also, check out my "legal guides" on this subject on my profile page of this website. The "standard parenting time plan" was originally created by Multnomah County Court. Call me or email me. Diane