Parenting Time Evaluation

Portland, OR |

I am divorced and want to file a modification for parenting time. I have been told that it would be beneficial to have a parenting time evaluation and that I can get one done through the court a lot cheaper than a private one.

How can I get this ordered and what is the standard? I am in Multnomah. Thank you.

First of all, your child has to be under age 14. Before you file ANYTHING with the court, I STRONGLY suggest a consultation with an experienced family law attorney like me. Also, check out my "legal guides" on this subject on my profile page of this website. The "standard parenting time plan" was originally created by Multnomah County Court. Call me or email me. Diane

Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662. Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 26 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.

You would need to file a motion to modify your divorce decree's custody provision, and then file a motion for a custody modification. You will only qualify for a court-based evaluation if you meet certain criteria. Your child cannot be over age 14. There cannot be any restraining order or no-contact order in effect between the parties. And your income cannot be above a certain level.

You should consult in private with an attorney before you file any motions in court. You can learn more about these laws here:

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Recommended articles about Family law