Parenting Time Evaluation

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

I am divorced and want to file a modification for parenting time. I have been told that it would be beneficial to have a parenting time evaluation and that I can get one done through the court a lot cheaper than a private one.

How can I get this ordered and what is the standard? I am in Multnomah. Thank you.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You would need to file a motion to modify your divorce decree's custody provision, and then file a motion for a custody modification. You will only qualify for a court-based evaluation if you meet certain criteria. Your child cannot be over age 14. There cannot be any restraining order or no-contact order in effect between the parties. And your income cannot be above a certain level.

    You should consult in private with an attorney before you file any motions in court. You can learn more about these laws here:

    Please read the following notice:

    Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and... more
  2. Diane L Gruber


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . First of all, your child has to be under age 14. Before you file ANYTHING with the court, I STRONGLY suggest a consultation with an experienced family law attorney like me. Also, check out my "legal guides" on this subject on my profile page of this website. The "standard parenting time plan" was originally created by Multnomah County Court. Call me or email me. Diane

    Be sure to designate "best answer." If you live in Oregon, you may call me for more detailed advice, 503-650-9662.... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Custody in a Divorce

Child custody may be physical or legal. Physical custody covers who the child lives with, and legal custody is the right to make decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,558 answers this week

3,217 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,558 answers this week

3,217 attorneys answering