Parenting rights completely stripped away with no reason or cause, How can this happen?

Asked 12 months ago - Seattle, WA

I'm the victim of Domestic violence, there was a biased GAL on my case that dismissed all allegations of Domestic Violence (police reports, medical records, ect.), I had 3 mental evaluations including showing the courts I have done as they asked. I have never done drugs, don't drink, don't smoke I only got a speeding ticket on my record. My son's father has numerous DUI's under his belt, got away with assaulting me and now because the GAL took all hearsay into account and decided the 3 mental evaluations were not good enough the Judge stripped me of all my parental rights including putting a restraining order against me so I can not see my 12 month old son for 5 years. I have to pay for my ex-boyfriends attorney's fees which is $30,000, I am unemployed and couldn't afford me an attorney,

My ex-boyfriend has also threatened to blow my brains out, in addition to that he has been investigated by CPS, the latest one was in August, that case was closed because the GAL told them I contacted them. I never contacted CPS, and I have never been under investigation. Please anyone help give me direction to save my baby from having to be in an abusive mans care that doesn't want him.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Best Answer

Answered . It can't.

Something is missing in your story. Sit down with someone at the University of Washington Law Schools legal clinic to discuss the possibilities here.

2. Paula Brown Sinclair

4

Answered . Despite a long "question" full of strongly-worded accusations, there is much missing. Courts do not order conclusions this drastic without making extensive findings of fact based on the evidence. For the precise assessment of your situation, retain local experienced family counsel to review the court's orders and explain them to you.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

2

Answered . There is obviously things missing here. There is no way that an attorney online can help you and give you the answers you need. Hire an attorney. This is the only chance you have.