Parental alienation is when the mother is "stopping" the father from seeing the child correct?

Asked over 1 year ago - Aurora, CO

If so, on the JDF 1420 Response to Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities can i put that along with why i dont agree with it?

1. David M. Rich

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Deasey. It is more complicated than that, and it usually implies more psychological than literal conduct. It also is hard before the there are any court orders since both parents have an equal right to parenting time prior to a court order being entered, so they don't have to let you see the child. You should consider calling Mr. Deasey - he is an exceptional family law attorney. I hope this helps.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

1

Answered . When a parent stops a child from seeing the other parent, I would not attach the term parental alienation. If you are responding to a Petition for the Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, the use of such a term usually comes when a parent is campaigning to keep the child from wanting to see the other parent (there is much more to it, of course).

You ought to retain counsel to take a look at your paperwork (they can do that as Colorado allows attorneys to offer what we call unbundled legal services).

Good luck!

3. Karl J Geil

1

Answered . "Parental alienation" has to do with one parent trying to manipulate how a child feels about the other parent. I would not throw that term around loosely. Just state the facts: the mom is preventing dad and his family from seeing the child.