Parental alienation is when the mother is "stopping" the father from seeing the child correct?

Aurora, CO |

If so, on the JDF 1420 Response to Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities can i put that along with why i dont agree with it?

When a parent stops a child from seeing the other parent, I would not attach the term parental alienation. If you are responding to a Petition for the Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, the use of such a term usually comes when a parent is campaigning to keep the child from wanting to see the other parent (there is much more to it, of course).

You ought to retain counsel to take a look at your paperwork (they can do that as Colorado allows attorneys to offer what we call unbundled legal services).

Good luck!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

I agree with Mr. Deasey. It is more complicated than that, and it usually implies more psychological than literal conduct. It also is hard before the there are any court orders since both parents have an equal right to parenting time prior to a court order being entered, so they don't have to let you see the child. You should consider calling Mr. Deasey - he is an exceptional family law attorney. I hope this helps.

You can reach Dave Rich at (303) 886-2516 or dave@flatironlegal.com. Dave Rich is an attorney licensed in Colorado. Answering your questions does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts in your case, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

David M. Rich

David M. Rich

Sorry Dan - Deasy, I meant.

"Parental alienation" has to do with one parent trying to manipulate how a child feels about the other parent. I would not throw that term around loosely. Just state the facts: the mom is preventing dad and his family from seeing the child.

www.karlgeil.com. This answer is provided as general information about a legal issue, is not legal advice specific to a particular case, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the person asking the question.

David Littman

David Littman

For there to be parental alienation, there also has to be a child who is refusing to see a parent for no objection reason.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody