Parental alienation is when the mother is "stopping" the father from seeing the child correct?

Asked over 1 year ago - Aurora, CO

If so, on the JDF 1420 Response to Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities can i put that along with why i dont agree with it?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David M. Rich


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Deasey. It is more complicated than that, and it usually implies more psychological than literal conduct. It also is hard before the there are any court orders since both parents have an equal right to parenting time prior to a court order being entered, so they don't have to let you see the child. You should consider calling Mr. Deasey - he is an exceptional family law attorney. I hope this helps.

    You can reach Dave Rich at (303) 886-2516 or Dave Rich is an attorney licensed in Colorado.... more
  2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . When a parent stops a child from seeing the other parent, I would not attach the term parental alienation. If you are responding to a Petition for the Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, the use of such a term usually comes when a parent is campaigning to keep the child from wanting to see the other parent (there is much more to it, of course).

    You ought to retain counsel to take a look at your paperwork (they can do that as Colorado allows attorneys to offer what we call unbundled legal services).

    Good luck!

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  3. Karl J Geil

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . "Parental alienation" has to do with one parent trying to manipulate how a child feels about the other parent. I would not throw that term around loosely. Just state the facts: the mom is preventing dad and his family from seeing the child. This answer is provided as general information about a legal issue, is not legal advice... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,557 answers this week

3,132 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,557 answers this week

3,132 attorneys answering